Austin, and the surrounding area, is full of places to explore. From hiking at the many Green Belt trails to enjoying delicious food and drinks at various scenic spots, you can find plenty of ideas to keep you and your friends occupied. If you and your friend are foodies, the picture only gets rosier. Here is a list of fun things to do in Austin, Texas with your foodie friends.
- Start and end the day with tacos.
- Austin is known for many things, breakfast tacos included. A wonderful way to begin your day is to check out some of the many delicious food trucks that are all over town. Vera Cruz taco truck has been rated some of the best breakfast tacos in the whole city!
- Even when you are not by a food truck, there are plenty of delicious restaurants serving up tacos to devour. Torchy’s is a taco-based restaurant that has expanded all through the city and beyond. Known for a more gourmet and creative taco on the typical street taco, these restaurants continue to gain in popularity and as a result, many customers are starting and ending their day with tacos.
- Texas Wineries
- In the surrounding area there are plenty of Texas wineries creating delicious wines and providing tours, scenic tasting locations, and plenty of wine tasting events. You can spend all of your time simply hopping around from winery to winery. The Austin Winery and Austin Custom Winery are a few places to check out.
- If you want to stay centrally located within the city, there are numerous wine tasting spots happy to serve up the wines from the surrounding area as well. Texas Reds and Whites Tasting Room offers a centrally located spot to sample any wines you desire and The Austin Wine Merchant can be counted upon to import or locate those elusive wines you are seeking.
- Local ingredients produced in Texas
There are plenty of companies producing high quality products that get utilized all across the country. The Texas Hill Country Olive Company creates delicious aged balsamic vinegar, olive oils, and even has a gift shop full of great gift ideas, including starter sets with samples of their fine products. Located in Hill Country on the outskirts of Austin, the trip is worth the scenic beauty and the products make perfect housewarming gifts.
Check out these locations the next time you and your friends, family, or visitors want to have a foodie adventure in and around Austin.